SOPHIE BARKER – LSA
LABEL: DISCO GECKO
- Road 66 (Murray Gold Remix)
- Things (Rena Jones Remix)
- Gold Dust Woman (Banco De Gaia Gold Dub Woman Remix)
- Don’t Give It Away (The Afropolitan Southside Remix)
- Let’s Start Again (Bennun & Healey Remix)
- Breathe Me In (peak:shift Remix)
- I Do It To Myself (DALI Remix)
- Don’t Give It Away (Robert Thomas Remix)
- Let’s Start Again (James Monro Remix)
- 3 Things (Okamiko Remix)
- I Do It To Myself (Little Thoughts Remix)
- Start Me (Niki McNally Remix)
ABOUT THIS RELEASE
Release Date: December 1st, 2017
Earlier this year Sophie Barker, singer with Zero 7, The Egg and more, broke a 6 year silence with the release of her 3rd solo album ‘Break the Habit’. Hailed as “a superb batch of original songs” by the Irish Times and “sublime” by The Crack, the album successfully blended her upfront live sound with more atmospheric, mood driven electronica.
In between festival appearances this summer, Sophie was busy commissioning remixes from across the globe and with ‘LSA’ has created the perfect companion to her original album.
Ranging from the lush orchestration of Murray Gold (‘Road 66’) to the dancefloor dynamite of James Monro (‘Let’s Start Again’), the tracks on ‘LSA’ soothe, seduce and scintillate, with Sophie’s vocals shining through them all. Other standout remixes include The Afropolitan’s exuberant take on ‘Don’t Give it Away’, peak:shift’s shuffling reduction of ‘Breathe Me In’ and label boss Banco de Gaia’s dub of ‘Gold Dust Woman’.
The breadth of styles and approaches is rare for a remix album but, despite this variety, all of the tracks sound at home here, making ‘LSA’ an album you can listen to from start to finish with no sudden shocks or changes of direction shaking your serenity. Thanks to Sophie’s peerless selection, “LSA’ stands up in its own right as a varied and beautiful collection.